Saturday, October 6, 2012

Giving God the Silent Treatment

If only I knew that I was giving God the silent treatment...


Image from jamesloveless.com

 I read a book entitled “prayer” by Andrew Murray a couple years ago. He stated that the people who most commonly struggle with prayerlessness are in ministry….are you shocked?  This isn’t so surprising to me, due to my experience with a vast amount of ministry leaders, pastors and even teachers of God’s word. At times you can tell that SOMETHING is missing.

Perhaps the reason it is so hard for us to pray continually as we should, could be the enemy knows that this is what links us directly to God. Some of us get sleepy, or loose our train of thought. But, when we talk to God we open a channel of communication and He can speak to us. Maybe not audibly as in the Bible days, but through His word and ministering to our spirits He speaks.

Joyce Meyers did a teaching on prayer, and I received a word that transformed my entire relationship with God. She basically said that we shouldn’t be caught up in the “correct” praying posture, or time or speech… but instead pray all day.

While your driving, you can pray …talk to God. Of course you can’t close your eyes and bow your head. But you can still pray… praying is talking to God. Who ever said we could only pray at certain times of the day, or on our knees ( although sometimes its needful)?

And, sometimes the best prayer is “GOD HELP ME!” . There have been times when I couldn’t recall all the scriptures I’ve memorized and exegeted, and there was no time to brain storm, trying to sound all super saved. All I could squeeze out of me was “HELP!. And do you believe that God heard and honored that prayer!?  Well, He didJ

Now that you know...talk to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment